The use of function filectime() / filemtime() is discouraged in Magento2

How to fix ... in Magento

The problem I had today was located in a helper ( [Namespace]\[Module]\Helper\FileSystem ) which I have created for some basic filesystem operations. The below message was the result of Magento’s EQP which I use before I commit any code.

The warning message basically means, I should find another way to get the creation and modification time of a file because of Magento’s coding standards. I have done that a couple of times already and would like to share my solution this time. First you have to pass \Magento\Framework\Filesystem\Driver\File in your existing constructor or create a new one.

Once you have re-compiled your code, you have access to the file stats as follows.

Beside ctime and mtime the array $fileData should have other file information like size, atime, uid and gid.

UI Components and searchResultToOutput in Magento2

Today I had to fix the following issue in a custom module. The error appeared on the UI Component list view.

I found the reason of the problem in the di.xml file. All what was missing was the following virtualType node. After adding this and re-compiling the code, the list view was fixed.

UI Component Listing And Not registered handle in Magento2

Today I created a new listing for a custom module, but unfortunately all what I got was the error message below.

After digging around for few minutes I noticed the above handler was actually missing in the di.xml file. I simply added the following collections argument and re-compiled the code.

All good!

Update composer.lock without updating code

Recently I had to fix a broken composer.lock but without actually updating code. I have found the composer option ” nothing ” which updates the composer.lock file only.

Once the command ran successfully, you should see a line ” Writing lock file ” in the output.

If you have issues with dependencies you can update the composer.lock file with –ignore-platform-reqs.

Missing required argument $name of Xtento\ProductExport\Logger\Logger.

If you are using Xtento in combination with an automated product importer, you may have seen the following error before.

The error message appears right after saving a product. The reason is that, at least one of your products in Products > Catalog has no Name. To fix this, you can update the name manually via MySQL queries or simply delete the products and import again correctly.

Bulk Update Customizable Product Options in Magento2

Today I had to bulk-update the Price and Max Characters in the tab Customizable Options for hundreds of simple products based on the title.

Magento2 Customizable Product Option

I knew that it could be done programmatically but I figured out that it can be done just by updating the table catalog_product_option and catalog_product_option_price. First I got a comma separated list of option_id’s based on a specific title.

With the comma separated list I was able to update the value of the Price and Max Characters as follows.

1. Price

2. Max Characters

Possible that you have to flush the cache ( php/magento cache:flush ) and re-index everything ( php/magento indexer:reindex ) to see the results.

Category “Default Category/abc/def/” has not been created. URL key for specified store already exists in Magento2

A new day, a new problem. While importing new products in Magento 2.1.2 via System > Data Transfer > Import something was causing the following error message.

The CSV file was 100% correct, which was making it difficult to figure out why it is causing the error. I ran few more test imports and noticed that the main category actually had an empty space at the end, which I believe was causing the whole problem.

Magento2 Category Name Empty Space

The import ran through without any errors after removing the empty space. However, before I also removed all related URL rewrites as follows. Not sure if this was actually necessary.

After that I rebuilt the re-write table with https://github.com/olegkoval/magento2-regenerate_url_rewrites because for some reason the importer didn’t create the rewrite URLs.

After that everything was working as expected.

Create Static Block via SQL Queries in Magento2

Today I had to create a static block quickly via SQL queries because for some reason the grid in Content > Blocks didn’t work. First I created the static block itself.

Values for fields creation_time, update_time and is_active are not required because MySQL will add default values.

After that I created the relation between static block and the actual store.

In order to get the correct block_id you simply have to get block_id from the table cms_block.

In my case the block_id of my new static block was 32. That’s it.

Class not found in AbstractFactory

Today I had some trouble with removing a module on Magento2 and its custom product attributes. After removing the code of Mageplaza_Seo I was not able to edit products, categories or even checkout anymore.

The reason was an attribute called mp_meta_robots which was still pointing to the class \Mageplaza\Seo\Model\Source\Robots. I found the attribute by checking the table eav_attribute as follows.

Removing this via backend or MySQL has fixed the problem.

Update Order Status With SQL Queries in Magento2

Today I had to update order numbers which were processed already, but not updated in Magento. Here is how I changed the order status directly in the database based on the increment_id.

The first query will update the state and status on the table sales_order.

The second one will update the status in the grid view in Sales > Orders.